[Heritage] Oregon Heritage Grant is Now Open for Applications!
INFO Heritage * OPRD
Heritage.Info at oregon.gov
Wed Aug 7 14:38:03 PDT 2019
Oregon Heritage Grant is Now Open for Applications!
The Oregon Heritage Commission is offering grants for qualified projects for the conservation, development and interpretation of Oregon's cultural heritage. Awards typically range between $5,000 and $20,000. Projects can include anything related to Oregon heritage, and priority will be given to projects that preserve, develop or interpret threatened heritage resources or heritage resources of statewide significance.
The grant application deadline is October 1, 2019.
Projects may include theatrical performances, collections preservation and access, exhibits, oral history projects, public education events, organizational archives projects, films and more. Previously funded projects included a variety of projects around the state.
Past projects included:
* Chetco Historical Memorial Committee installed an interpretive area in partnership with local Tribes.
* The High Desert Museum revamped their spring education program to include more diverse stories.
* Linn County Museum partnered with Oregon Black Pioneers to incorporate African American history in the permanent exhibit.
* Cascade AIDS Project collected oral histories and made them accessible.
* Oregon Nikkei Endowment digitized, translated and made available online historical newspapers and Japanese American internment related FBI documents.
* The Vanport Mosaic Festival collected and presented the history of the Albina neighborhood in Portland.
"We hope to see projects from a variety of organizations that engage Oregonians in heritage," states Kuri Gill, heritage grants program coordinator. "We encourage the documentation, preservation and exploration of all aspects of Oregon's heritage."
Applications are submitted online. There is plenty of support for preparing them.
"Our goal is to support organizations of all sizes all over the state in their valuable work. We provide assistance in the application process," notes Gill. Oregon Heritage grants programs staff is happy to discuss projects and review applications in advance.
To learn more about the grants, visit www.oregonheritage.org<http://www.oregonheritage.org/> or contact Kuri Gill at Kuri.Gill at oregon.gov<mailto:Kuri.Gill at oregon.gov> or 503-986-0685.
Share your photos of Oregon's heritage on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using #oregonheritage.
Oregon Heritage News is a service of Oregon Heritage, a division of the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department. The news editor can be contacted at heritage.info at oregon.gov<mailto:heritage.info at oregon.gov>.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 12892 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Heritage