[HistoricCemeteries] Administrative fee

emca at comcast.net emca at comcast.net
Thu May 3 12:12:59 PDT 2012

Hi Kuri:

The Oregon Mortuary and Cemetery Board answers a lot of the questions I have about "buy back", fees, and other questions about running a cemetery.
I would also refer people to them as a resource for guidance. They always reply right away and are very helpful in keeping me posted in any changes in the rules. Our lot owners are responsible for setting a price and reselling their lots, but of course they must let me know what is going on so I can go over the rules with the new owners and change the deed. We don't have the cash flow to buy them back.

We decided it would be a good idea for us to join the Cemetery Association of Oregon because they have a great newsletter which is very helpful. I think they are having a conference at Seaside this July.

Mary Ellen Rodgers
Eugene Masonic Cemetery