[HistoricCemeterieslistserv] Days of Culture contest

Historic Cemeteries historiccemeteries at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Mon Oct 6 07:52:38 PDT 2014

It's time to celebrate Oregon's culture!

As part of the 2014 Days of Culture campaign, the Oregon Cultural Trust invites you to post snapshots on social media Oct. 1-8 that illustrate your cultural experiences -- anything from a good meal or a concert experience to a backwoods hike or a family event. The possibilities are endless as culture is all about who we are, what we do and how we experience life!

Participating is easy! Just capture a cultural moment and post it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #thisisculture. The goal is to digitally showcase a range of cultural experiences from around the state. Everyone who posts will be eligible to win a daily prize. Prizes include:

Wednesday, October 1: Gift Certificate for a weekend stay at the Lodge at Kah-Nee-Ta
Thursday, October 2: Gift Package from the Portland Trail Blazers
Friday, October 3: Tickets to the Oregon Symphony and lodging in Portland
Saturday, October 4: Gift Certificate for an overnight stay at the historic Balch Hotel
Sunday, October 5: Free admission to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and lodging in Newport
Monday, October 6: Lunch, winery tour, and special tasting for four at the Sokol Blosser Winery in Dayton
Tuesday, October 7: Tickets to performances at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival
Wednesday, October 8: A Certificate for a 2014 Portland Timbers Team Signed Jersey

Traditionally a weeklong celebration of events and activities presented by Oregon's 1,300 cultural organizations, coalitions and tribes, Days of Culture commemorates the Oct. 8 anniversary of the Cultural Trust. The decision to expand the 2014 celebration to feature individual experiences came from a desire to demonstrate how interwoven our culture is with everyday life.

Days of Culture also launches the Trust's fundraising season. As you know, those who gave or give a 2014 donation to one of Oregon's designated 1,300 cultural nonprofits are eligible for a tax credit if they make a matching gift to the Cultural Trust. Giving to the Trust is easy, and annually provides over a million dollars to cultural programming across our great state!

More details about Days of Culture are available at http://www.culturaltrust.org/blog/show-us-your-oregon-culture

To make a donation to the Trust, visit www.culturaltrust.org<http://www.culturaltrust.org>

Kuri Gill

NOTE: My email address has changed!