[Jog] Fwd: Fw: Mini-grants and other prizes for schools

Jennifer L YOUNG Jennifer.L.Young at state.or.us
Thu Oct 9 14:17:11 PDT 2008

FYI - A message from  a colleague.  Please pass the following
information on to teachers in your school districts. The contest is
time-sensitive.

Dear colleagues,

I have again been fortunate to work with the Produce for Kids program
and this year we are extending our outreach into schools. Our fall
promotion includes a school-based contest which encourages nutrition
education in the classroom. The website includes many examples of
classroom projects or teachers and students can create their own.

Below is a synopsis of the program:
Classrooms throughout the U.S. are invited to enter the PFK *Play with
Your Produce Healthy Challenge* contest for Fall 2008. All entering
classrooms will receive coupons and discounts for fresh produce, sample
lesson plans with fun fruit & veggie activities, discounts on nutrition
books and curricula, and Produce for Kids goodies for the classroom.
Three (3) Grand prize winners will receive a classroom party toolkit
(with party ideas, recipes, favors and gift certificates to purchase
produce and other nutritious food), a $500 mini-grant to promote
school-based health and wellness, and their photo and write-up
highlighted on the Produce for Kids* website.You can find complete
contest details at
http://produceforkids.org/teachers/contest.htmlThanks,
Connie
Connie Evers, M.S.,R.D.