[kids-lib] Children's Clerk Position available

Joshi, Keren joshi at ci.wilsonville.or.us
Tue Aug 5 15:36:18 PDT 2008

It may be a few days before this hits the city website, but we have a
Children's Clerk position available at the Wilsonville Public Library.
We are mainly looking for someone to help out with Storytime: planning,
set-up, performing, and clean-up.  We have 3 Storytimes weekly, Tuesday
evenings and Wednesday and Thursday mornings.  We have approximately
30-40 kids plus parents in the evening, and 60-80 kids plus parents each
morning, so we need someone very comfortable in front of large groups.
We do have two staff members at each Storytime, so you won't have to go
it alone.

If you know someone who might be interested, please pass this
announcement along.  We'd love to have someone in place when Storytime
gets going again at the beginning of September.

Thanks!

Keren Joshi

Youth Services Librarian

Wilsonville Public Library

503-682-2744

503-682-8685 (fax)

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

LIBRARY CLERK II - CHILDREN'S SERVICES

LIBRARY DEPARTMENT

CITY OF WILSONVILLE

Open:  August 5, 2008                        Closes: Open Until Filled

The Position

This is a less than part time position (approximately 10-15 hours a
week) that works closely with the Youth Services Librarian to plan and
perform programs for children from preschool through high school. This
position may perform direct public service, including reference and
reader's advisory services, for the library in its effort to serve the
children and parents of the Wilsonville area.  This position will also
assist in developing props and costumes to be used during performances.

The Ideal Candidate

The ideal candidate will possess an outgoing service-oriented
personality. The candidate will be computer literate and will also
demonstrate the ability to organize work, handle multiple
responsibilities, and communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
Candidates should have experience and be very comfortable performing and
singing in front of children and their parents and should also have the
ability to draw, paint, and sew, and/or be able to perform on a musical
instrument (preferably guitar) in front of a group.

To Qualify

This position requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. A Bachelors
Degree with two years of public library experience is desired.  Two
years of public performance experience, such as storytelling, and/or
experience working with young children is required.  Knowledge of
library procedures with some special knowledge in children's library
services and children's literature is highly desirable.

Compensation

Salary range is $13.1942 - $16.8231 per hour.  Compensation will
normally be the minimum salary; however, higher salary appointments may
be made and are contingent upon qualifications and experience.  There
are no benefits offered with this position.

Process to Apply

Required application, job announcement, and job description are
available at Wilsonville City Hall, 29799 SW Town Center Lp E.,
Wilsonville, OR 97070 or by calling 503-570-1519.  Also available online
at www.ci.wilsonville.or.us or e-mail bingold at ci.wilsonville.or.us.

Equal Opportunity Employer