[kids-lib] 2009 Mock Caldecott Workshop reminder
BJQUINLAN at cityofsalem.net
Mon Dec 29 14:17:33 PST 2008
Just a reminder that the deadline for signing up for this year's Mock
Caldecott is Wednesday, January 7! Here is the original message:
The annual OLA Children's Services Division 2009 Mock Caldecott
Workshop will be held on Saturday, January 10, 2009. Nell Colburn, 2009
Caldecott Chair, and Steven Engelfried, former Caldecott committee
member, will again lead the continuing education piece of this popular
workshop, which will be held at Salem Public Library from 9:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. The registration form is available on the OLA CSD website at
Here is the list of titles to be considered during the workshop.
Please read as many of them as you can before you arrive at the program;
you’ll benefit from the workshop much more if you do. All books are
● Billingsley, Franny. Big Bad Bunny. Illustrated by G. Brian
Karas. Atheneum Books
● Bryant, Jen. A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos
Williams. Illus. by Melissa Sweet.
Eerdmans Books for Young Readers
● Elliott, David. On the Farm. Illustrated by Holly Meade.
● Frazee, Marla. A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever.
● Kerley, Barbara. What To Do About Alice? Illustrated by Edwin
● Reibstein, Mark. Wabi Sabi. Illustrated by Ed Young. Little
● Rumford, James. Silent Music: A Story of Baghdad. Roaring Brook
● Seeger, Laura Vaccaro. One Boy. Roaring Brook Press
● Swanson, Susan Marie. The House in the Night. Illus. by Beth
Krommes. Houghton Mifflin
● Winter, Jonah. Steel Town. Illustrated by Terry Widener.
If you have questions, please contact BJ Quinlan, CSD Chair,
503-588-6039 or bjquinlan at cityofsalem.net
More information about the Kids-lib