[kids-lib] Early Literacy Conference

heather mcneil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Wed Oct 22 09:38:51 PDT 2008

The Deschutes Public Library and Central Oregon Partnerships for Young
Children are pleased to announce that they will be offering an early
literacy conference on May 9, 2009 at Eagle Crest Resort.
Internationally acclaimed early literacy expert and award-winning author
Mem Fox will present the keynote, as well as a workshop for all
attendees.  Eight breakout sessions will be offered in the afternoon on
such topics as brain development, early literacy skills, book selection,
etc.  Attached to this email is the RFP for doing a breakout session.
If you have a topic you would like to offer, I encourage you to send in
your idea for our consideration.  And I definitely encourage you to
attend the conference; Mem Fox is a delightful, entertaining, and
inspiring presenter.

Heather McNeil

Youth Services Coordinator

Deschutes Public Library