[kids-lib] large crowds at storytimes

AIMEE MEUCHEL AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us
Mon Aug 24 09:28:34 PDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

We need help from the collective brain!  Our storytimes have grown
exponentially in our new library and we want to make sure every child
has a good experience at storytime.  We are finding that in crowds of
50+, it is difficult for all of the children to see the pictures in the
picture books.  While using big books is sometimes an option, as we all
know, not all great books are available in big book format.  I'm hoping
that some of you facing a similar issue have come up with great
solutions that we can try here in Tualatin.  Adding more storytimes to
our packed schedules is not an option and we would rather try other
solutions than limiting the number of attendees.  If you have a great
idea (whether you've tried it or not), please send it to me.

Thanks,

Aimee

Aimee Meuchel

Teen Services Librarian