[kids-lib] possible summer reading performer

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Wed Jan 21 15:15:01 PST 2009

I received the following email about a potential summer reading performer.  This is not an endorsement, please check references to make sure this is an appropriate fit for you library and community.

Contact information:

K. B. Mercer and Doren Elias

Traveling Lantern Theatre Company    1-800-936-4723
doren at travelinglantern.com

               katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528

*
*

Hello Oregon  Librarians!

The Traveling Lantern Theatre Company will be performing  “The Life of Beethoven” this summer in OR, as a complement to the CSLP Summer  Reading Theme.

The Life of
  Beethoven

       Genius and dedication overcome disability in the true
        story of this composer's life.

      One of the greatest composers of all time, Ludwig Von
     Beethoven wrote his greatest masterpiece,               the 9th
    Symphony, while he was profoundly deaf. This fast paced,
   inspiring, and facile play is accompanied by Beethoven's
powerful music. Factual and compelling, Beethoven's story is
                moving and unforgettable. Performed in the  style of               The               Life
                 of Mozart, this play is  designed for the K-6 age group.

The Traveling Lantern Theatre Company has been educating and  entertaining children nationwide for over 20 years. Our teams travel to your  venue, and we can perform in many different types of spaces, including  outdoors. Our shows cost $495 each, all-inclusive (with a ten percent discount  for multiple bookings). We offer affordable, quality programs for young  children and their families.

Besides our summer offerings, we also offer a rotating  repertoire of performances during the school year.

Please visit our website for more information about our  company and our shows!

www.travelinglantern.com