[kids-lib] Celebrate Maori Language Week - Make your own book in te reo Māori

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Fri Jul 31 12:16:57 PDT 2009

Hello!  I just received the following email from a colleague who is working on the upcoming Tribal Archives, Libraries and Museums Conference which will be in Portland this October.  This is not an endorsement, please remember to review resources to make sure they are an appropriate fit for you library and community.

If you review these resources and feel they are appropriate for your library, but don’t fit into your programming this summer, remember the 2011 Statewide Summer Reading Program theme world culture and travel.

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528

It is Maori language week so I thought you might like this. Make your own book in Maori J

Kia kaha,
Marni.

KIA ORA KOUTOU
To celebrate Maori Language Week Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu would like to invite you to trial our prototype online Interactive Maori Language Readers.

You can personalise them, choose your own characters and make your own stories.
There are four books to choose from.
Make your own book, print it out and share it with whanau and friends at home.
Or save them as pdfs and keep them forever.
The options are endless.  We would love your feedback

You can find the books on http://flashbooks.e2dev.co.nz/list/

For more resources also check out our redesigned site www.kmk.maori.nz

Korerohia te reo Maori, kia ora te reo Maori.

Charisma Rangipunga
Manager - Toitu te Kura, Tribal Interests
The Office of Te Runanga o Ngai Tahu | 158 Hererford St | PO Box 13046 | Christchurch
DD: 033712647 | CELL: 021 989647