[kids-lib] Summer program -- marionettes

Hicks, Doris doris.hicks at cityofalbany.net
Wed Oct 28 15:07:29 PDT 2009

Our library is very interested in booking a performance by Eulenspiegel Puppets this summer, and I need to find out if other area libraries are interested in scheduling a show by this performer also.  Based in Iowa, Eulenspiegel is interested in booking performances in the Nothwest before and after the Pacific Northwest  Regional Puppetry Festival which will be held in Seattle July 30 through August 1, 2010.  I have seen their show Little Red Riding Hood, and it is extremely good, using Bohemian rod marionettes and an amazing handmade book of pop-up scenery.  Tentative price is around $300 for a single show in a location, with discounts for two or more shows in one library or one system in a day.  Please check out the information and link below, sent to me by Eulenspiegel, and let me know if your library might be interested in booking this show next summer.  If there is enough interest, the troupe will schedule a tour of the Northwest in summer 2010.  Thank you.

Doris Hicks
doris.hicks at cityofalbany.net
Young Adult Services
Spanish Language Services
541-791-0015
This e-mail is a public record of the City of Albany, and may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This e-mail is subject to the State of Oregon Retention Schedule.

LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD by EULENSPIEGEL PUPPET THEATRE

Eulenspiegel's adaptation of this beloved Grimms fairy tale uses delightfully crafted miniature Bohemian marionettes created by puppeteer Monica Leo.  The set is an extra-large pop-up storybook also designed and created by Leo.   The script, laced with wit and whimsy, was written by puppeteer Teri Jean Breitbach.  The production was directed by well-known director Michael Sokoloff.  In addition to seven puppets, the cast includes a wacky, flamboyant storyteller who relates to the audience as well as the puppets.

Eulenspiegel's Little Red Riding Hood stays close to the original story line  while adding delightful details.  Shiver with Little Red as she meets the wolf.  Help Granny as she does her laundry.  Rejoice with the woodcutter as he saves Granny and Little Red.  Enjoy the happy ending!
[cid:image001.png at 01CA57E0.5A188E50]

There's also a little videoclip on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7sOyNHdzGk&feature=related