[kids-lib] JCLD's 45% YA check-out increase!!!

Patrick Goodman patrick at jcld.org
Thu Oct 29 11:59:29 PDT 2009

Hello everybody,

    I swear that this will be my last kids-lib post for the week, but
I just wanted to share the article in my local paper about our
meteroic rise in YA check-outs. Although I was hoping that the
reporter used my quotes praising the two middle school librarians in
charge of the Madras Elementary Book Bowl (Jann Earnest and Courtney
Lupton), I was very happy to get some coverage on this for the great
efforts our local kids have been putting in. Heck, we were all just
happy to discover that the teens in our area remembered how to read
over the summer! :D Just kidding. I hope everyone has a good rest of
the week and a happy Halloween.

http://www.madraspioneer.com/MAPEntertainment2.shtml

Regards,

--