[kids-lib] Young Adult Librarian Job Posting - Beaverton City Library

Victoria Campbell vcampbell at ci.beaverton.or.us
Wed Dec 29 10:37:35 PST 2010

LIBRARIAN
YOUNG ADULT DIVISION
BEAVERTON CITY LIBRARY

SALARY RANGE:                     $20.27 -$27.17 per hour

CLOSING DATE:                      January 10, 2011

Join our dynamic, tech-savvy, progressive team, dedicated to providing outstanding service to teens and their stakeholders in a diverse community. We're looking for an innovative & enthusiastic librarian passionate about helping teens, who can help us continue to grow our already very successful teen services.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:  Answer reference questions for children and adults in all fields of knowledge; implement and manage the Teen Center; recruit and train volunteers; market the Teen Center; develop collection for Teen Center.

TO QUALIFY:  Requires Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited school with some professional library experience working with teens.

Requires advanced knowledge of the tools, techniques, and principles of a young adult library division, practices and principles of library reference services, book selection tools and systems, reference tools used in a library environment, technology including computers, on-line bibliographic/informational databases and audio-visual equipment; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with diverse customers, make presentations and develop reports that may include technical information.

Requires possession of a valid driver's license and the ability to meet City driving standards.  Bi-lingual English/Spanish is desirable.

HOW TO APPLY:  All interested individuals may apply by submitting a City of Beaverton application form to the Human Resources Department, Beaverton City Hall, 4755 SW Griffith Drive (Mailing address:  P. O. Box 4755), Beaverton, OR  97076.  Applications may be obtained on our website at www.beavertonoregon.gov<http://www.beavertonoregon.gov>.  Closing Date:  January 10, 2011.

P Please consider the environment before printing a hard copy of this email.

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.