[kids-lib] Teacher cards

Sandy Dvorak sandyld at lincc.lib.or.us
Fri Mar 5 16:21:14 PST 2010

Hi Folks,
I'd like to see what people around the state are doing for teachers and
schools regarding library cards.
Though we have had 'institution cards' (nursing homes, small schools,
etc), for some time, we have never issued 'teacher cards'. We have
recently had requests for individual teacher cards and would love to
have your imput if you issue such cards.
Main questions:
Do they work like individual cards, or are they fine-free?
Can they check out personal items as well or just school-age books?
Do you extend their check-out period?
Who pays if a book doesn't come back?
Do you issue high-volume cards to them, or are they the same for everyone?
Are there any particular problems we should plan for or might we avoid
to begin with?

Please respond if you do issue cards of this sort, it will help us make
a decision on this issue.
Many thanks for your time!
Sandy

--