[kids-lib] Summer Reading Early Literacy Manual Available!

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Mar 8 14:26:15 PST 2010

This year the Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) has created an Early Literacy Manual with specific tips, resources, and program ideas for children 0-5 years old.  You may download the manual on the CSLP website (http://www.cslpreads.org/) under "Learning Tools" -> "Family Literacy" -> "Early Literacy". You must login to access the materials.  Last year I sent an email with information about who is eligible and how to sign-up for a user name and password on the CSLP website so most of you should be set to go.

Those of you who haven't signed up for a username and password, here is what you need know:
You are a CSLP member library if you work at a public, tribal, or volunteer library in Oregon. Your CSLP membership is paid for by the Oregon State Library with Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds.
Only CSLP member libraries are eligible for a username and password.
You can sign-up for a username and password by creating an account online at: http://www.cslpreads.org/component/comprofiler/registers.html.
Please let me know if you are a volunteer or tribal library and have trouble signing up because "Only public libraries, as defined by the Federal State Cooperative System, are eligible for full and unrestricted membership in CSLP". Your membership was paid for by the Oregon State Library, and I will do my best to help you access the CSLP resources available to you as a member.

Thank you,
Katie

katie.anderson at state.or.us, 503-378-2528