[kids-lib] Summer reading survey information
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Oct 18 09:50:48 PDT 2010
The link to the annual summer reading survey has been sent to all public library directors and Ready to Read Grant key contacts. Only one survey per library/library system should be submitted. If you are responsible for summer reading at your library, please talk to your library director about this survey. The deadline for completing it is Monday, November 8.
The annual summer reading survey is more important than ever!
The survey has been revised to reduce the number of summer reading surveys in the future. As always this survey asks for your summer reading statistics. In addition this is your library's opportunity to:
* order your 2012 summer reading manual which includes children’s, teen, and adult programming ideas.
* order your 2011 children’s and teen summer reading certificates.
* order materials for the 2011 summer reading sweepstakes for children and teens.
* suggest future summer reading themes and slogans for children’s, teens, and adult programs.
* provide feedback regarding the Collaborative Summer Library Program materials and resources.
* provide feedback regarding summer reading in general (summer reading certificates and the new sweepstakes).
This means that all the critical things Oregon public libraries need to do regarding summer reading are all in this one survey.
To learn more about summer reading resources in Oregon please visit: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.shtml
There should only be two more surveys regarding summer reading this year. One to vote on the Oregon Summer Reading Certificates and one to vote on the future CSLP summer reading theme and slogans. These two surveys will go out on the kids-lib, OYAN, and libs-or email lists for all library staff to take individually if you want to. These two surveys aren’t critical, but the more people who vote the better!
Please remember, this survey is new so there may be some bugs to work out. Let me know if you have any questions.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib