[kids-lib] Bobby Norfolk in Oregon

heather mcneil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Dec 1 08:10:21 PST 2011

If you've never had the chance to hear and watch the storyteller Bobby Norfolk, here's that chance.  Bobby is considered one of the finest storytellers in the nation, and has been a leading force in the National Storytelling Network for years.  His unique style of vaudeville comedy combined with African American influence make him highly entertaining.  But he also does "serious" work, such as a presentation about York with the Lewis and Clark expedition.  Bobby and I have performed together over the years, and he's interested in performing in Bend as our StoryStar in the summer of 2012.  We're doing all that we can to make that happen!  He would also love to have some other opportunities to perform throughout Oregon.  If you think you might be interested in hiring Bobby, and sharing travel expenses, please contact me, and then I'll send the information on to his agent.   Here's a link to his promotional video so you can see a bit of Bobby.   Believe me, you and your patrons will love him!
http://www.folktale.com/video/index.html

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library