[kids-lib] Vote for 2012 Oregon Summer Reading Certificate--deadline 2/28/2012
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Feb 14 10:52:33 PST 2012
Attention Oregon school and public librarians!
It is time to vote to select the children's and teen 2012 Oregon Summer Reading Certificates!
HOW TO VOTE:
1. View the seven children's and three teen certificate options online at: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.shtml#Vote_for_the_2012_Certificates
2. Email the number and name of the one children's and one teen certificate you want to cast your vote for to Katie Anderson (katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>) by the end of the day February 28, 2011.
a. Please type "Vote for 2012 Oregon Summer Reading Certificate" as the subject of your email.
b. This year there are a lot of certificates to choose from and several look very similar so please be sure to include the number and title of the certificates you are voting for in your email.
The winning certificates will be announced at the beginning of March via an email sent out on the kids-lib, OYAN, and OASL listservs.
Thank you to the librarians who designed these certificates. Regardless of which certificates win, you all did a wonderful job.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
Details about the Oregon Summer Reading Certificates:
In 2007 the Oregon Department of Education, Oregon State Library, and Oregon Library Association coordinated their efforts to create a joint Oregon Summer Reading Certificate with funding from the Oregon Education Association. The joint certificate has the national Collaborative Summer Library Program<http://www.cslpreads.org/> artwork on it and is signed by the State Librarian and the State Superintendent of Public Instruction. This effort signifies the commitment of schools and libraries to the education of Oregon's youth.
The winning certificates will be available in English and Spanish to download and print from the Oregon summer reading website<http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.shtml> starting in June 2012. If you want hard copies, please read the following for details:
PUBLIC LIBRARIES: You already ordered hard copies of the 2012 summer reading certificates when you completed the 2011 Summer Reading Survey in September. Certificates should be shipped to you at the end of May 2012 if everything goes as planned.
SCHOOL LIBRARIES: The email announcing the winning certificates will also include information for ordering of hard copies of the certificates. Please start thinking now about how many children's certificates in English and Spanish and how many teen certificates in English and Spanish you will need so you are prepared when online ordering is available in March. Remember, these certificates are FREE!
* Oregon summer reading website: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.shtml
* Collaborative Summer Library Program: http://www.cslpreads.org/
* Voting for 2012 SRP certificate: http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/oregon.srp.certificate.shtml#Vote_for_the_2012_Certificates
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kids-lib