[kids-lib] Children's Services Division needs YOU!

KRIST OBRIST kobrist at ci.monmouth.or.us
Mon Mar 19 14:35:03 PDT 2012

                - - - Please excuse cross-posting - - -

Hey Oregon Youth Services staff...

We need YOU!

It's that time of year, Spring is around the corner (um, I sure hope so
anyway) and CSD needs to add to our great team. It's time to nominate
candidates for the CSD Board (Children's Services Division of the Oregon
Library Association).

The A - B - C's of CSD:

     A – Awesome opportunity to get involved and help shape the future of
CSD and children’s library services in Oregon

           [and beyond].

     B – Build your network of colleagues across the state [and across the
nation!]

     C – Connect – Collaborate - Celebrate!

Have you, even briefly, considered joining in the fun of being a part of
the Children's Services Division Board?

Have you ever thought, "Gee, I'd like to help out but...":

     1. I'm just too busy

     2. My library is too small

     3. I'll think about it.....for next year

     4. I don't know what I can do to help out

Well...

     1. Everybody's busy. You're not alone. There are many great CSD Board
alumni (and current Board members) to

         connect with for support and guidance.

     2. We welcome people from all different sized libraries; there are
different opportunities that might work for you (not all

         of them requiring election to an office), just ask!

     3. Guess what? It IS next year. Now's the time to take that step and
join in the fun!

     4. We can help you figure that out.

We need candidates for the following positions (position descriptions
attached):

   - CSD Chair-Elect
   - Summer Reading Chair-Elect (travel to Atlanta, GA in April 2013 for
   CSLP Annual Meeting!)

   - Secretary (not an elected position, appointed by CSD Chair)

Nominations are being accepted NOW! Yes, you can nominate yourself. You
must be a member of CSD.

Email CSD Chair Deeda Chamberlain with your interest ~
Deeda.Chamberlain at ci.woodburn.or.us