[kids-lib] Deschutes Public Library Mock Caldecott

heather mcneil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Nov 15 10:00:45 PST 2012

I wanted to pass along what fun we're having in Deschutes County promoting the 75th anniversary of the Caldecott Medal by having a public Mock Caldecott.  We've done it in the past with staff, but now it's open to our customers.  We have a web page with 18 nominees, where people can post comments about each title.  Later in December we'll narrow it down to 6-8 titles, based on the comments we're receiving, staff feedback, and reviews.  We'll have sets if those books at each library, plus additional copies that check out.  Then we'll have online voting the week of January 21.  Take a look at the website for a chance to see some of the best of the year.  And let me know if you think we've missed a title that stands out for you.
www.deschuteslibrary.org/celebrate75<http://www.deschuteslibrary.org/celebrate75>

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library