[kids-lib] Upcoming Early Learning Council meetings--you're always invited!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Apr 2 11:26:45 PDT 2013

Below is a list of upcoming Early Learning Council meeting. As you know, the Ready to Read Grant program is now part of the Early Learning Council. MaryKay and/or I will attend these meeting to represent libraries. However I know many of you are interested in learning more about the early childhood systems change taking place across Oregon. These are public meetings so all are welcome! If you are interested, but can't get to Salem, you can watch streaming on Department of Education website<http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=3310>. Meeting materials are available on the Early Learning Council webpage<http://www.oregon.gov/Gov/Pages/oeib/OregonEducationInvestmentBoard.aspx#Early_Learning>.

April 11, 2013
8am-12:30
Oregon University System
Board Room
1800 6th Avenue, Portland, OR 97201
Watch meeting live (not enough space for lots of people!) http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=3310

May 9, 2013
8am-12:30
Somerville Building
775 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Large Conference Room

June 12, 2013
8am-12:30
Somerville Building
775 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301
Large Conference Room

 If you plan to attend and want to get together with me before or after this meeting, please contact me in advance at katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>. Here are some ideas of things we could do...

*         Have an informal conversation about early learning and libraries over coffee/tea/lunch.

*         Tour the State Library (only when meetings are in Salem, the Somerville Building is directly across the street from the State Library).

*         Do some consulting around a specific youth services topic you want to learn more about-i.e. trouble shooting issues, planning to launch a new program, etc.

Thanks,
Katie

If the hyperlinks don't work, try cutting and pasting these URLs into your browser:

*         Streaming video for meetings: http://www.ode.state.or.us/search/page/?id=3310