[kids-lib] Connect with Authors and Illustrators at SCBWI-Oregon Annual Conference and WLA/OLA Conference

Dawn Prochovnic dawnp at smalltalklearning.com
Tue Apr 9 12:24:58 PDT 2013

Greetings,

In the spirit of information sharing with the librarians in our local community, here are a few updates from the Oregon Chapter of the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI-OR):

*SCBWI-OR will be holding our annual Spring Conference May 17 and 18, 2013 at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - 11707 NE Airport Way, Portland, Oregon. This conference is educational in nature, but with plenty of opportunity for networking. Our faculty includes a fabulous line up of authors and illustrators including Karen Cushman, Bruce Hale, Laini Taylor, Susan Fletcher, E.B. Lewis and Jim Di Bartolo (and that's just a teaser!). If you have an interest in writing/illustrating for children OR you want to mix and mingle with our faculty and other attendees, (many of whom are published authors and illustrators in their own right), please visit the following link for more information: http://www.scbwior.com/events/2013%20Conference/2013_Conf.html

*SCBWI-OR members will be staffing Booth #5 in the exhibit hall at the OLA/WLA Spring Conference (on April 25 and 26). Stop by and meet some of our local authors/illustrators, find out how you can connect with our members to schedule school/library visits, get information about new and upcoming book releases for Oregon authors/illustrators, and learn more about the SCBWI and our interest in being a resource to you and the young readers you serve.

*I will be attending the WLA/OLA Conference both Thursday and Friday, and I will be teaching a workshop on Friday afternoon. If you have specific ideas about how the SCBWI-OR could be a resource to you and the young readers you serve, or if you'd just like to put a face to the name, please get in touch so we can make a point to connect at the conference (or via email/phone).

Warm wishes,

Dawn Prochovnic, MA
SCBWI-Oregon, Library Liaison
Author, Story Time with Signs & Rhymes