[kids-lib] Nominate your Día for the 2013 Mora Award--it's $1,000!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Apr 29 14:57:31 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of REFORMA

Now that we are in the midst of celebrating Día at our libraries and schools, it is a great time to consider nominating your celebration for the Mora Award!
The Estela and Raúl Mora Award was established by author and poet Pat Mora to promote El día de los niños/El día de los libros (Children's Day/Book Day). REFORMA, the National Association to Promote Library and Information Services to Latinos and the Spanish-speaking, is pleased to announce the competition for the 2013 Mora Award.
The Award has been presented annually since 2000 to the most exemplary program celebrating El día de los niños/El día de los libros, also known as Día. It consists of a $1,000 stipend and a plaque to be displayed by the winning library or school.
Libraries, schools, educational institutions, and other youth-serving organizations that plan and implement Día programs in 2013 are eligible to submit an application by August 15, 2013.
For more information about the Mora Award and to download an application, visit www.reforma.org<http://www.reforma.org> and click on "Awards and Scholarships."
To learn more about Día, visit http://www.patmora.com/whats-dia/

Lupita Vega (LVega at santa-ana.org<mailto:LVega at santa-ana.org>)

Chair, REFORMA<http://reforma.org/content.asp?pl=7&sl=44&contentid=44> Mora Award<http://reforma.org/content.asp?pl=7&sl=44&contentid=44> Committee