[kids-lib] ALA Moving Forward with Focus on School Libraries

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Jun 25 12:33:31 PDT 2013

FYI…

“ALA is planning a strong and multi-faceted campaign for school libraries…The school library campaign will be jump started by beginning the national push for signatures on the Declaration for the Right to Libraries with school libraries who will then forward the signed declarations to public and academic libraries in their communities and state. The vision is to establish a window of 1-2 weeks in the fall for school libraries across the country to host signing ceremonies and for ALA to use this opportunity to leverage strong national media coverage and public support.”

For more details, read the information below or here http://www.aasl.ala.org/aaslblog/?p=3660.
Also, for those who have not heard, Rudy Crew, Oregon’s Chief Education Officer, took a job in New York.
            http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2013/06/oregon_seeks_new_cheif_educati.html#incart_river
            http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20130625/NEWS/306250023/CUNY-hires-Oregon-education-officer

Thanks,
Jen