[kids-lib] Jim Gill in Deschutes County

heather mcneil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Thu Sep 26 09:57:09 PDT 2013

Deschutes Public Library is thrilled to present Jim Gill, children's musician and author.  Jim will be offering a FREE family concert at the Tower Theatre, followed by a FREE workshop for adults at the Downtown Bend Library.  Both will be on Saturday, October 26.  Jim's music is not only silly, fun and very engaging, but it also reflects his years of experience as a teacher of special education.  His songs focus on the basic skills needed for literacy, and on self regulation.  Of course, the children don't realize it because they're having too much fun dancing, clapping, and singing along.  Jim also reminds parents throughout his concert how important it is to participate with their child(ren).  The workshop will be for adults who want to use music in order to teach literacy, self control, creativity, and more.  Free tickets for the 1:00 concert will be available at our libraries on October 12.   No tickets are needed for the 3:00 workshop, but please register at www.deschuteslibrary.org/events<http://www.deschuteslibrary.org/events>.  If you're interested in tickets for the concert, and can't get to one of our libraries to pick them up, just give me a call.

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
(541) 617-7099