[kids-lib] Digital Middle Grade books

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Apr 24 09:26:30 PDT 2014

Forwarded on behalf of Kate Maxwell. This is not an endorsement, please be sure to use your library’s collection development policy to make sure these items are a good fit for your library.

Dear Librarians,
I recently created a website, www.KateMaxwellBooks.com<http://www.katemaxwellbooks.com/>, offering seven free Middle Grade books I wrote to encourage reading and writing among students.  My books are all in the genre of Magical Realism and include titles such as:  Escape From Atlantis, The Boy Who Saw Ghosts, and Karvaal:  A World of Now.  They all have empowering characters, fast-paced plots, and were written to stimulate a child’s imagination.
The books are appropriate for ages 10 to 14 and are available as free downloads.  They can also be purchased cheaply through Kindle and Lulu.  There are also fun writing activities on the site and videos with sample chapter readings.  I hope you will review my site and consider adding the link to your collection for the Summer Reading Program.  Thank you for your valuable time.
Warm Regards,
Kate Maxwell