[kids-lib] CSD Children's Services Guidelines

Heather McNeil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Fri Dec 5 14:07:19 PST 2014

Did you know that OLA has Youth Services Guidelines<http://www.olaweb.org/assets/documents/csd_guidelines.pdf> available for you to use as you prepare programs, lobby for budget, or work toward excellence?  Unfortunately, they were created by CSD and OYAN over ten years ago. The CSD Board voted to appoint a Task Force who would update and streamline the guidelines,  following the format of the new OLA Standards for Public Libraries<http://www.olaweb.org/assets/PLD/PLDStandards/final%20-%20standards%20for%20oregon%20public%20libraries%20revision%20approved%202014%20.pdf>, and making them focused only on children's services.  The CSD Board will provide you with three other recommended state guidelines to review.  We're hoping the new Guidelines will be completed by fall of 2015, and we believe that your work can be done via email or Skype.  If you are interested in being on the committee please contact me (I'm the CSD Chair).  Thank you for considering!

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
(541) 617-7099