[kids-lib] Serve childcare providers? Here are some health and safety resources they may find useful

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Jan 29 13:32:15 PST 2014

As we start partnering more with early childhood professionals in our communities to provide young children with early literacy resources and experience, we also have an opportunity to help early childhood professions identify and access other important resources they need. We know that children need safe and healthy environments to focus on their learning. These are some resources for childcare providers, including family, friend and neighbors providers.

Below is a website you can direct childcare providers to for training and information about creating and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for young children and attached is a handout (English and Spanish) that you may consider printing and making available to childcare providers visiting your library or when you visit them.

Oregon Health Authority's Oregon Kids: Healthy and Safe http://public.health.oregon.gov/HealthyPeopleFamilies/Babies/HealthChildcare/Pages/OKHS.aspx

Oregon Kids: Healthy and Safe (OKHS) is a training and online resource that early care and education (ECE) professionals can use to provide healthy and safe environments and practices for children in their care. This resources includes:

  *   The OKHS Training: this health and safety training is available to ECE professionals across Oregon through the network of Child Care Resource & Referral agencies. Trainings dates and locations can be found on the Oregon Registry Online Training Calendar<http://www.oregonchildcaretraining.org/>.
  *   The OKHS E-Reference: this two-part online reference puts current health and safety information in the hands of ECE professionals as they care for children. Find quick, action-oriented answers to health and safety questions, resources, links, downloads, posters and more.