[kids-lib] Kids can enter creations/inventions to be selected to go to the White House Maker Faire

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Mar 5 08:50:03 PST 2014

Announcing the First White House Maker Faire
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/02/03/announcing-first-white-house-maker-faire
Tom Kalil and Jason Miller
February 3, 2014

"Inspired by 'Joey Marshmallow' and the millions of citizen-makers driving the next era of American innovation, we are thrilled to announce plans to host the first-ever White House Maker Faire later this year. We will release more details on the event soon, but it will be an opportunity to highlight both the remarkable stories of Makers like Joey and commitments by leading organizations to help more students and entrepreneurs get involved in making things.

Meanwhile, you can get involved by sending pictures or videos of your creations or a description of how you are working to advance the maker movement to maker at ostp.gov<mailto:maker at ostp.gov>, or on Twitter using the hashtag #IMadeThis. Take Joey's advice - don't be bored, make something<http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/11/08/we-geeks-don-t-be-bored-make-something>. Maybe you, like Joey, can take your making all the way to The White House.

Interested in getting involved? Send your creations, information, and descriptions of what you've made to us using this form<http://www.whitehouse.gov/webform/white-house-makerfaire-interest-form>. Email your thoughts, questions, or creations to maker at ostp.gov<mailto:maker at ostp.gov>."

For more information, go to: http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/02/03/announcing-first-white-house-maker-faire

Questions? Email: maker at ostp.gov<mailto:maker at ostp.gov>