[kids-lib] Adopt vs. Endorse

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Fri Nov 21 17:16:11 PST 2014

Hi Peggy, Stephanie, and Susan,

I've been wondering what the correct term is related to our request of the State Board of Ed. Are we asking them to adopt the standards or endorse them? I won't go into the details, but to me, there's a difference between the two, and I think we could be asking for either.

I left a voicemail for Nicole, asking if there was a difference between the two to her, and if so, which did she think we were asking for? She sent me this response: You want the state board to adopt the OASL library standards.

FYI,
Jen

Jennifer Maurer
School Library Consultant