[kids-lib] CSD Fall Workshop

Heather McNeil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Mon Oct 6 11:21:14 PDT 2014

It's not too late!  You can still register to come join your peers for a day of learning and sharing at the OLA CSD Fall Workshop.  For those of you who have already registered, be sure to print out your receipt so we know whether you already paid by credit card.  You can pay by check at the door.  Here are more details:

CSD Fall Workshop.  Speakers will address:

*         Kindergarten assessment (KRA) so we can best design storytimes in order to prepare children for kindergarten.  Michelle Munro from the Ready2Learn Project will talk not only about KRA but also about how library programs in eastern Oregon are benefitting from the information they've learned.

*         Early Learning Hubs.  What are they?  How do we fit in?  What do all their acronyms mean?  Representatives from the Central Oregon Early Learning Hub will explain and inform.

*         Sharing about Passive programming.  Especially useful for libraries with minimal staffing, this will be an open discussion of ways to provide programs with little preparation and staff involvement.

*         Sharing from libraries that are participating in early literacy projects funded by the Oregon Department of Education's Early Literacy Grants.

*         Update on Ready to Read and other State Library activities

*         Update on OLA CSD Strategic Plan, Youth Services Guidelines, budget and future events

*         Silent auction!  Bring your treasures to auction, and bring your wallets to buy other treasures.  Proceeds go to the CSD Scholarship Fund.  We've already been promised boxes of books from Permabound, a previous Caldecott Medal member, and Cavendish, et.al. (Peyton Stafford).
The location will be the Downtown Bend Library in Bend, from 10-3:30.  The library doesn't open until noon, but there will be someone at the front door by 9:00 to let you in.  You can register here.<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_174500>  Lunch is included in your registration.
Bend is beautiful right now, with sunny days and cool nights.  So register now, bring something for the silent auction, and be assured it's not too late for a very important date.

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
(541) 617-7099