[kids-lib] OLA 2015 Conference Proposals

Barratt Miller BMiller at crooklib.org
Wed Sep 10 11:42:53 PDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help with the 10-second survey! Now, it's time for the fun part: conference proposal submissions. If anyone would like to present at the 2015 OLA conference (April 15-17 in Eugene) please e-mail a proposal to bmiller at crooklib.org<mailto:bmiller at crooklib.org> by Tuesday, September 30.

In case you're curious, here's an overview of the survey results:
CSD members are most interested in conference programs for school age kids (64%), with storytime share/best practices coming in second (54%). You shared lots of great ideas in the suggestion box, too! Besides requests for programming ideas, the topics I noticed most frequently were improving library services to Spanish-speaking patrons and incorporating apps/technology into children's programming.

Let me know if you have any questions! I can't wait to read the proposals!

Thanks,
Barratt

Barratt Miller, MSLIS
Youth & Adult Services Librarian
Crook County Library
175 NW Meadow Lakes Drive
Prineville, OR 97754
541-447-7978 ext 303
bmiller at crooklib.org<mailto:bmiller at crooklib.org>
Crook County Library - Experience the Journey!