[kids-lib] OLA Conference session on Partnerships

Heather McNeil heatherm at dpls.lib.or.us
Mon Apr 6 09:07:12 PDT 2015

We all know that partnerships can be mutually beneficial, but they can also be time consuming and frustrating.  I hope you will join April Wittteveen and I at the OLA Conference for our program on Thursday, April 16, from 2-3:30 when we discuss youth services partnerships we've worked with here at Deschutes Public Library, including schools, maker groups, early learning organizations, and Boys and Girls Club.  Some were successful, and some not so much.  We'll present methods of evaluation, and discuss when it's time to let a partnership go.  There will be time at the end for attendees to  describe their experiences with partners, so I hope some of you will be willing to share what you have learned.  Please join us in Eugene as we "cultivate creativity" with community partners!

Heather McNeil
Youth Services Manager
Deschutes Public Library
(541) 617-7099