[kids-lib] Still decided on conference sessions? Come play with us @ Storytime Share!

Taylor Worley taylorlgkw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:28:02 PDT 2015

*Please pardon cross-posting. *

We’re all getting ready for the OLA Conference this week and I know there
are lots of sessions to choose from. *We wanted to call special attention
to our CSD-Sponsored “Storytime Share” session on Thursday morning. This
session is a little different. Here’s what you can expect: *

• A fun introduction to our different types of storytimes with the whole
group: Baby/Lapsit, Sensory, PreSchool, and Gradeschool/Outreach
storytimes.

• After the introduction and initial chatting, we are breaking into four
different groups. Each presenter will be focused on a different type of
storytime.

• You may choose one breakout group for focus, or move freely between
multiple breakout groups. Note: Information will not be repeated but there
will be materials to take home.

• These breakout groups are modeled after the “Guerilla Storytime” idea.
While your presenters are prepared to talk your ear off, share songs,
stories, methods, etc. we really want to encourage group conversation,
brainstorming, and sharing. The more heads are together, the more we all
learn. A presenter may not know the answer to one of your questions, but I
bet a fellow attendee does!

• Before the end of the session, we’ll all come back together for a group
share.

You’ll have a nice pack of resources to take home and hopefully a brain
full of new ideas, materials, and strategies to use in your next storytime.
You may have noticed we don’t have an “all ages storytime” listen in our
breakout sessions. Never fear! Each of the four presenters is prepared to
address family storytime/wide age range questions within their individual
sessions.

Do you have questions about the session? Are there burning questions you
want to be sure we address in our breakout groups? Email Taylor Worley at
tworley at springfield-or.gov before Wednesday at 5:00pm and she’ll be sure
your questions have at least one answer on Thursday.

*JOIN US! Thursday morning at 11:00AM for the The More We Get Together: A
Storytime Share session at OLA: Libraries Cultivating Creativity. *

Taylor Worley (on behalf of Emily David, Debby Laimon, and Barratt Miller)

Youth Services Librarian

Springfield Public Library

225 5th Street

Springfield, Oregon 97477

541.726.2243

*“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” *

– A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh