[kids-lib] Oregon Battle of the Books app

Katie O'Dell kodell at multcolib.org
Fri Jan 9 16:31:56 PST 2015

There is a recently released app that helps students prep for Battle of the
Books. Created here in Oregon, it covers all of the OR BOB titles as well
as many of the American's Battle of the Books choices. I haven't downloaded
it yet, but wanted to let you know about it and share it's availability
with patrons who are prepping for their battles.

​ Here’s more info from the developers:

We’re happy to announce the release of our Battle of the Books app, BOB
Questions.  We hope it will help your students dominate their next Battle
of the Books.  Check it out at:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bob-questions/id930786919?mt=8&uo=4

BOB Questions provides an entertaining, encouraging way for students to
prepare for their Battle of the Books contest (a competition that pits
teams against each other in face-to-face quiz-show style battles to
determine who has the deepest understanding of their books).

In the contests, students read up to 20 books - usually a mix between
classic literature and newer award-winning books.  With BOB Questions,
students are able to quiz themselves, and other teams, on their knowledge
of their books, and get prepared for their battles.

The BOB Questions quizzes are meant to be a bit irreverent and fun.
Students get encouragement when they demonstrate knowledge, and often odd,
humorous remarks when they miss a question.

The app itself is free.  It has been loaded with quizzes that should give
everyone in the America’s Battle of the Books and the Oregon Battle of the
Books a free quiz or two.  Additional quizzes are available with an in-app
purchase of $1.99.

As of today, all of Oregon’s grades 3-5 Battle of the Books quizzes are
available, as well as a subset of the grades 6-8 books (We hope to have all
of Oregon’s grades 6-8 available shortly).  A majority of the America’s
Battle of the Books through grade 8 are also available.  Additional books
are being added each week.

For more information, please visit www.bobquestions.com or go to

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bob-questions/id930786919?mt=8&uo=4 to try
out the app itself (or you can search "BOB Questions" or "Battle of the
Books” on the app store).

​Best,
Katie

--