[kids-lib] In-house use tablet for children

Amy Lee alee at fvrl.org
Mon Jun 8 12:33:48 PDT 2015

Greetings!

Our library district (Fort Vancouver Regional Library) is working on
district goals, standards and guidelines for in-house tablets for children
and tween use. One of our libraries will undergo renovation in the fall and
we plan to add fixed tablets to both the new tween and refreshed kids areas.

I'm wondering if any libraries in Oregon have successfully implemented
in-house youth tablets at your locations? If you have, would you please
describe your situation and how it goes? We would like to learn as much as
we can from others before implementing ours.

I would like to take our team for a tour and talk with your staff if it's
feasible depends on the distance.  If your library circulate tablets for
children, I would like to learn more of your program as well.

I've gotten some very helpful information from a couple youth services
librarians at Seattle Public Library who presented a session on this topic
at this year's WLA conference.

Thank you very much in advance!

Amy Lee
Public Services Assistant Director
Fort Vancouver Regional Library District
1007 E. Mill Plain Blvd.
Vancouver, WA 98663
360.906-5033 (phone)
http://www.fvrl.org [http://www.fvrl.org/]