[kids-lib] Idea: Summer Reading Traveling Trophy

Becky Pearson Becky.Pearson at ci.mcminnville.or.us
Tue Mar 17 09:07:06 PDT 2015

We have been doing a between schools competition for the past 6 years.  It has been really fun and motivational for the kids. We tally the completions by school each week and announce them at the weekly programs so that kids (and parents) can get excited about reading.
So for the past 6 years, the same school has won! It has been very close some years.
The trophy we use was from the Parks and Recreation Department basement.  I had the trophy shop take off the sports stuff and a “Flame of Knowledge” plus a plaque for the name of the winning school each year.
Becky