[kids-lib] Registration Open Now for CSD Fall Workshop on Oct 17 in Lebanon

Kemper Hodge, Kristy Kristy.KemperHodge at corvallisoregon.gov
Fri Sep 18 15:06:08 PDT 2015

Hello!

On behalf of the Children's Services Division (CSD), I'd like to invite you to attend our upcoming Fall Workshop on October 17, 2015 from 9am-4pm at Lebanon Public Library. This workshop will focus on youth summer reading programs and is FREE! The agenda is included below.

Registration is required; the registration form<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_204768> will be available until Thursday October 15. Please bring your lunch, as well as your ideas, questions, and example materials to share with your fellow youth services colleagues from throughout the state. Remote access will be available for this workshop. Details about attending remotely will be provided closer to the workshop date.

We'll be distributing summer reading manuals at this workshop and need helpers throughout the day to staff the manual distribution station. Interested in lending a hand? Contact Kristy Kemper Hodge, Incoming Summer Reading Chair, at Kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:Kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov> or 541-766-6489.

Workshop Agenda - October 17, 9am-4pm

9:00 Registration, Networking, and Summer Reading Manual Pick-Up
9:25 Welcome
9:30 Summer Reading Program Structures - Panel Discussion
10:30 Program-a-Looza - Group Breakout Sessions
11:30 Troubleshooting Summer Reading Program Struggles
12:00 Lunch - BYO
1:00-1:30 Summer Reading Manual Pick-Up Open
1:30 CSD Updates - Barratt Miller
2:00 State Library Report - Katie Anderson
2:15-2:30 - Break
2:30 Summer Reading Program 2016 & Community Reading Challenges - Idea Share
3:30 Goodbye & Final Manual Pick-Up

Hope to see you at the Fall Workshop next month!
Kristy

Kristy Kemper Hodge
Youth Services Librarian

Corvallis-Benton County Public Library<http://www.thebestlibrary.net/>