[kids-lib] Grant opportunity from Oregon Community Foundation

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Jun 9 08:38:44 PDT 2016

I thought some of you might be interested in the following grant opportunity, especially those of you looking to develop or expand outreach services to underserved youth and families, early literacy training for parents and childcare providers, out of school programs for K-12 students, or college and career readiness for teens and new adults.

If you decide to apply, it may be helpful to know OCF partnered with other foundations to help fund the Oregon Parenting Education Collaborative<https://orparenting.org/>, partnered with Paul G. Allen Family Foundation to fund Reading for Healthy Families<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/youthsvcs/rfhf.home.aspx>, and funded last year's Oregon Public Library Needs Assessment<http://www.oregoncf.org/news-resources/reports/current/library-needs-assessment-2015>.

If you have questions or want assistance from OCF staff, identify your local OCF staff person on their website<http://www.oregoncf.org/grants-scholarships/grants/community-grants>.-Katie

________________________________

Hello.  In 2015, The Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) partnered with our donors to invest in a statewide needs assessment<http://www.oregoncf.org/news-resources/reports/current/library-needs-assessment-2015> of Oregon public libraries.  Library leaders across the state participated in focus groups, personal interviews and responded to a survey to identify the greatest needs of Oregon public libraries.  We are grateful for the library community's involvement in this research effort, which has garnered national attention as the first-ever needs assessment conducted of Oregon's public libraries.

In the last Community Grant Program<http://www.oregoncf.org/grants-scholarships/grants/community-grants> cycle, we received more funding requests from Oregon libraries than ever before.  While the application process is competitive, we encourage you to apply for funding should you have a project that aligns with the Community Grant Program guidelines<http://www.oregoncf.org/Templates/media/files/grants/community_grants/Community%20Grant%20guidelines(1).pdf>.  The next application deadline is July 15th.

We look forward to our ongoing partnership with you and are grateful for the important role you play in strengthening Oregon communities.

Best,

Kirsten

Kirsten Kilchenstein
Senior Donor Relations Officer
_____________________________
THE OREGON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION

1221 SW Yamhill St.
Suite 100
Portland, OR 97205

503.227.6846 (T)
503.274.7771 (F)

oregoncf.org<http://www.oregoncf.org/>

Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/TheOregonCF>
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/TheOregonCF>

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Consultant
Library Support and Development Services<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/pages/index.aspx>
[cid:image004.png at 01D0358C.4523C4D0]<https://www.facebook.com/ORLibSupport>  [http://www.thewwwblog.com/images/blogger-logo.jpg] <http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/>   [http://www.aethlonmedical.com/assets/001/5130.png] <https://twitter.com/orlibsupport>   [Picture] <http://www.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/Pages/index.aspx>