[kids-lib] Do You Know Someone Awesome?

CSD Chair csd at olaweb.org
Sat Mar 19 15:46:51 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

It's time for CSD's Nominating Committee (Heather McNeil, Rebecca Mayer,
and me) to start looking for members to serve on the CSD Executive Board.

This year, we'd like *YOU* to make some of the nominations for the Chair
Elect position! This is your chance to champion the unsung heroes of
Oregon's public libraries. Ideal nominees will be organized, indefatigable,
and passionate about children's services.

Please send all nominations to csd at olaweb.org.

The Chair Elect's 3-year term would start September 1, 2016 and end August
31, 2019. Here's what this lovely person would be committing to:

*YEAR 1: CHAIR ELECT*
Represents CSD on the conference Program Planning Committee, which selects
which sessions are offered at the OLA 2017 conference in Salem
Coordinates the Silent Auction fundraiser at the Spring Workshop in 2017
Serves on the CSD Board and Nominating Committee

*YEAR 2: CHAIR*
Plans fall board meeting, spring board meeting, and spring workshop
Completes reimbursement forms and "assists" OLA Association Manager with
financials
Represents CSD on the OLA Executive Board
Serves on the CSD Board and Nominating Committee
Anything and everything else as needed

*YEAR 3: PAST CHAIR*
Serves on the Lampman Committee
Serves on the CSD Board and Nominating Committee
Probably some other stuff I don't know about yet

The Chair Elect also has to be a member of OLA and CSD, but we're pretty
reasonably priced. :-)

Thanks,
Barratt

--