[kids-lib] Performer Showcase Invite for Performers

Karen Fischer kfischer at cityofsalem.net
Thu Mar 31 16:35:09 PDT 2016

Fellow Librarians and Teachers - Please pass this information along to
local performers:

Dear Performer,
Connecting with libraries, schools or other community groups to book
your performances has just become easier. The Oregon Library
Association’s Children’s Services Division and Salem Public Library
are hosting:

2016 Performer Showcase - Saturday, September 24, 2016
When: 9 a.m. (doors open at 8:30) to 4:30 or 5 p.m (depends on # of
performers)
Where: Salem Public Library’s Loucks Auditorium

This Showcase allows audience members (librarians, teachers, and others
from all over Oregon and Southwest Washington) to see a five-minute
preview from between 70 and 90 magicians, musicians, storytellers,
animal acts, creative dramatics, jugglers, clowns, and others who
specialize in entertaining and educating children and families
(that is - you!).

Here is how you can be part of this amazing event that only takes place
the last Saturday in September during even-numbered years.

Please follow the links below to complete two online surveys:
1. 2016 Performer Showcase Invitation survey:

http://goo.gl/forms/bHRrqCNbSD

Your responses will be used to prepare the Performer Showcase schedule
and Index of Performers that attendees receive. In September, I will
send you your 5 minute time slot and provide additional information
about the day. (Many of you already know just how awesome this is!)

2. 2016 Oregon Performer Directory survey:

http://goo.gl/forms/sSVkGwsZUL

This one is just a little longer, but still very quick and easy to
complete.  From information you provide, I will create the downloadable
2016 Oregon Performer Directory.  It will be available on the Oregon
Library Association Children's Services Division website beginning in
October 2016.
Showcase attendees will have access to the information the day of the
Showcase.

Thank you so much for helping to make this happen.  If you are no
longer performing in Oregon, please let me know and I will take you off
our list.  If you know other performers who may be interested, please
help me get the word out and send them this information.

 I look forward to receiving your information and working with you in
September!

Karen Fischer, Performer Showcase Coordinator
kfischer at cityofsalem.net
503-588-6039
( tel:5035886039)