[kids-lib] How do you use a Caldecott book?

Natasha Forrester natashaf at multcolib.org
Thu Sep 1 12:35:30 PDT 2016

Hi, all,

We're gearing up for the Mock Caldecott Workshop coming up in January*, and
the morning session will be on fun, creative, and effective ways to use
Caldecott books in public and/or school library programs.

So here's where we want your brains!** If you've done a Caldecott-related
program in your public library, in your school library, or as a partnership
between the two, or *somewhere else entirely*, we'd love to have you share
the information with your colleagues. We're looking for short, informative,
TED-type talks to help our colleagues around the state dig into some
Caldecott-related programming! Mock Caldecott? Let us know! VTS with
Caldecott books? Let us know! Art program inspired by Caldecott artist? Let
us know! Bulletin board anagram contest using only the letters from
Caldecott winning titles? That sounds amazing!

If you are interested, contact me at natashaf at multcolib.org.   If you
aren't sure if you are interested but you've done a program that might fit
the bill, contact me at natashaf at multcolib.org.  If you aren't sure if your
program would fit the bill but it related to Caldecott books in some way,
contact me at natashaf at multcolib.org.  OLA-CSD is all about learning
together and from each other, so we want to hear from you!

Yours in Caldecott-solidarity,
Natasha
OLA Chair Elect

*Saturday, January 7, 2017, at Oregon City Library - official registration
will be up in about a month, so stay tuned!

**We are not zombies, we promise.

*Natasha Forrester Campbell*
*Youth Librarian, MLS*
Multnomah County Library
Hollywood Library
My usual schedule: Sunday - Thursday
503-988-4598
multcolib.org

[image: MultCoLib_2LineLogo_3 1-2in_RGB.jpg]