[kids-lib] Oregon Battle of the Books 2018 list nominations open

Korie Jones Buerkle korie.buerkle at newbergoregon.gov
Wed Sep 7 09:57:41 PDT 2016

Hi all,
OBOB needs your expertise. In my experience on the OBOB title committee we need titles nominated that have people of color protagonists and also nonfiction books. When you are nominating books please consider that question writers write 80 questions for each book (40 In Which Book and 40 Content). This makes nonfiction tricky. Also, books available in paperback are more often chosen because of the cost of the book. Thanks for your help!

Korie Buerkle
Newberg Public Library

Hello all—

Nominations for the 2018 OBOB lists are now open through October 15.

Please spread the word about nominating possible titles for next year’s lists—we appreciate input from librarians, teachers, students, parents, etc.

Here is a link to the Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/TmhU71xZOvnYt4ua2

Remember: each person can only nominate three books per division.

Thanks,
Jennifer Thompson
OBOB Title Selection Chair
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic Communication Privacy Act, U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521. It is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged and confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by telephone or e-mail, return this communication, and delete or destroy any copies (digital or paper).