[kids-lib] Walt Morey Award: September 8 deadline

Susan Moore susan at literary-arts.org
Thu Aug 10 12:10:30 PDT 2017

Literary Arts is seeking nominations for the WALT MOREY LITERARY LEGACY AWARD.  The Walt Morey Young Readers Literary Legacy Award is presented to a person or organization in recognition of significant contributions that have enriched Oregon’s young readers. Past recipients include Ulrich Hardt, Curtis Kiefer, Read to the Dogs, SMART, and Children’s Book Bank.

The deadline to nominate someone is Friday, September 8, 2017.  Nominators may be any member of the community. There is no nomination fee.  The nominator prepares the nomination packet, which includes an entry form (found on our website) and a minimum of three letters in support of the nomination.  Full guidelines are on our website at

https://literary-arts.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2018SPECIALAWARDS.pdf <https://literary-arts.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/2018SPECIALAWARDS.pdf>
Feel free to email me with any questions! Thanks, Susan

Susan Moore
Director of Programs for Writers
Literary Arts
925 SW Washington