[kids-lib] Invitation to join an Ad hoc CSLP Committee about free food sites and summer reading at public libraries

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Thu Sep 21 08:21:20 PDT 2017

I know most of you do outreach to free Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) sites and many of your libraries are free food sites. Therefore, I thought a few of you might be interested in serving on the national Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) ad hoc committee that will be investigating the following questions (more details below):

·         How do libraries measure the results of SFSP participation?

·         How does SFSP participation meet the mission of the library?

·         What does successful SFSP participation imply for library involvement in other aspects of child welfare?

Remember, if you work at a CSLP member library you may join CSLP committees. All public, volunteer, and tribal libraries in Oregon are CSLP members. CSLP committee work is done virtually. This ad hoc committee will be giving a presentation at the CSLP Annual Meeting, but only a couple people will actually present so you don’t need to be there. They are looking for representation from many states, geographies, and diverse demographics.

If you or someone you know would like to serve on this committee, please contact Luke at luke.kralik at cslpreads.org<mailto:luke.kralik at cslpreads.org> by Thursday, October 5.
Thanks, Katie