[kids-lib] New Books at State Library: Makerspaces, STEAM, & Summer Reading

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Apr 10 16:37:17 PDT 2018

Please pardon the cross-posting.

The following new titles are available for interlibrary loan, and some apply to children's services and youth services work in public libraries. Scroll to the very end of this email to learn how to borrow books from the State Library.

[cid:e48bc149-6a4e-4da5-850a-33ecf440d084]

Graves, Colleen, et al. Challenge-Based Learning in the School Library Makerspace. Libraries Unlimited, 2017.

An invaluable how-to text that details the workshop model, addresses the design challenges, and explains the best avenues for...

https://osl-lis.blogspot.com/2018/04/challenge-based-learning.html

[cid:7fbaed36-77a5-4aee-8d41-d3aaf1845783]

Pandora, Cherie P., and Fredrick Kathy. Full STEAM Ahead: Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics in Library Programs and Collections. Libraries Unlimited, 2017.

Written by librarians who have experience with integrating technology into all subject areas and working with teens and young adults, this book is a toolkit for youth and young adult librarians
—school and public—who wish to incorporate science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM) into their programs and collections but aren't...

https://osl-lis.blogspot.com/2018/04/full-steam-ahead.html

[cid:158a7ba8-7a58-439f-bad1-8487146121c9]

Harvey II, Carl A. The 21st-Century Elementary School Library Program: Managing for Results. 2nd ed., Libraries Unlimited, 2016.

Compact yet remarkably comprehensive, this book covers all the major aspects of school library services, from administration to instruction focused from the elementary school librarian perspective
—now updated and expanded to include the latest developments in...

https://osl-lis.blogspot.com/2018/04/harvey-ii-carl-a.html

You might also be interested in these three books mentioned in the announcement below:

[cid:495fe2e1-ed40-44b9-bc09-fd654e8eaab0]          [cid:9ce0a25f-5e7c-436a-a802-f33ff7efa034]           [cid:8a3cee90-5bc7-4187-a068-e767fc72b74a]

If you would like to request these or other materials from the State Library of Oregon, send your full name, the name of your library, complete title information, shipping address, and a phone number to the document delivery department at library.request at state.or.us<mailto:library.request at state.or.us> or (fax) 503-588-7119. Items will be checked out to your library, not to you personally, for 4 weeks (print materials) or 2 weeks (videos). Materials will be delivered via mail or Orbis Cascade Alliance Courier, and you may return them the same way. Normally a single copy is purchased and is loaned on a first-come-first-served basis. You may be put on a hold list for several weeks.
Be sure to check out our Library and Information Science (LIS) blog<http://osl-lis.blogspot.com/> to discover the most recent additions to our LIS collection and search our catalog<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/> for our complete holdings. The library science collection is meant to support the whole Oregon library community. Library Support welcomes your suggestions for acquisitions. See the blog for an input form or email me.
This collection is supported in whole by the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the State Library of Oregon.

Thanks,
Jen
P.S. I'm using web mail, so please pardon any funky formatting.
Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant
State Library of Oregon |Library Support and Development
jennifer.maurer at state.or.us<mailto:jennifer.maurer at state.or.us> | 503-378-5011 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>