[kids-lib] New to Oregon Author Guadalupe Garcia McCall

Greta Bergquist greta.bergquist at state.or.us
Wed Dec 12 11:09:04 PST 2018

Hello kids' advocates,

This past Saturday, Reforma Oregon Chapter<http://reformaoregon.weebly.com/> hosted a Mock Pura Belpré Award that was pretty awesome and included a presentation by author Guadalupe Garcia McCall. She is new to Oregon and now teaching at George Fox in Newberg. She gave a lovely presentation about her writing process. You can read more about her here<https://blog.leeandlow.com/2018/11/15/an-interview-with-award-winning-ya-author-guadalupe-garcia-mccall/>, I'm glad she's part of our Oregon author community and wanted to give a shoutout to Reforma for their work supporting kids' lit.

Happy Wednesday,

Greta b

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant