[kids-lib] OYAN Mock Printz Registration is Still Open!

Lisa Elliott lisae at tigard-or.gov
Tue Dec 18 13:48:50 PST 2018

Hello all,

Please join us for the Mock Printz Workshop! Details and registration information are below. And, hey, if I know you, and you've told verbally me you're planning to attend, or you think it's safe to assume I know you'll be there, or you think I think you think I think you'll be there, please send me an email to confirm!

When: Saturday, January 19, 2019 12:30-5:30 p.m.
Where: Beaverton City Library, 12375 SW 5th Street, Beaverton, OR 97005
Cost: Completely and utterly free!
What: An Oregon Young Adult Network sponsored workshop featuring a presentation from former Printz Award Committee member Traci Glass, followed by group discussion and voting on the best books of the year. (Of course there will be snacks! We're librarians, not tyrants.)

To register, email lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov> with name, library, and email addresses of all participants. Please specify age and school for teen registrants. Virtual participation will be available via GotoMeeting (details later).

And now, the books! We sent out this list a couple of weeks ago to give you a chance to dive in, but here it is again. Please read as much as you can and come prepared to defend your favorites. 'Tis a friendly discussion, but it can get...passionate. Throw down your gauntlets, if you must. Just throw them gently...It's a library, people! Have a little respect.

  *   Boots on the Ground
by Elizabeth Partridge
  *   Children of Blood and Bone

by Tomi Adeyemi

  *   Darius the Great is Not Okay
by Adib Khorram
  *   Dread Nation
by Justina Ireland
  *   The Hazel Wood

by Melissa Albert

  *   Hey, Kiddo
by Jarrett Krososczka
  *   Munmun
by Jesse Andrews
  *   The Poet X
by Elizabeth Acevedo

Lisa N Elliott
Young Adult Librarian
Tigard Public Library
503-718-2654
lisae at tigard-or.gov<mailto:lisae at tigard-or.gov>

DISCLAIMER: E-mails sent or received by City of Tigard employees are subject to public record laws. If requested, e-mail may be disclosed to another party unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. E-mails are retained by the City of Tigard in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules "City General Records Retention Schedule."