[kids-lib] Graduate Certificate of Professional Studies in Youth Experience (YX)

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Mon Jan 8 09:16:44 PST 2018

Greetings!

The following came across my inbox so I'm forwarding it along:

Applications for the second cohort of students in the Graduate Certificate of Professional Studies in Youth Experience (YX) offered by the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland is now open.

This innovative, online post-masters certificate gives youth service librarians and school librarians the skills they need to integrate the latest research on learning, technology, community partnerships, and design thinking into their practice with youth ages 0-18. Limited scholarships, generously supported by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, are available on a competitive basis.

To learn more about the certificate program, watch this short video available at https://youtu.be/ihNJBlLpgo8 or visit http://yx.umd.edu/.

The YX faculty will host an online information session on January 16th, 2018 at 7pm ET. The information session will describe the courses in this certificate and how they will enhance librarians' skills to incorporate design thinking, participatory design, and connected learning into their programs and services. We will also be providing details on the application process at this time.

The information session will be recorded and the link made available after. If you are interested, please complete the following form to either attend the session or to receive the recording: https://go.umd.edu/YXinterest.

Thank you!

Questions? E-mail us at yxischool at umd.edu<mailto:yxischool at umd.edu>

Darci Hanning, MLIS
Technology Development Consultant