[kids-lib] Oregon Reader's Choice Awards!

MacKenzie Ross mross at beavertonoregon.gov
Wed May 23 16:09:29 PDT 2018

I just wanted to announce the 2018 Oregon Reader's Choice Award Winners and 2018-19 Nominees!

2018 Grades 3-5 Winner: Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
2018 Grades 6-8 Winner: The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
2018 Grades 9-12 Winner: Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

2018-19 Grades 3-5 Nominees:
*         The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
*         Some Kind of Courage by Dan Gemeinhart
*         Garvey's Choice by Nikki Grimes
*         Full of Beans by Jennifer Holm
*         Compass South by Hope Larson
*         The Turn of the Tide by Rosanne Parry
*         The Best Man by Richard Peck
*         Two Naomis by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich and Audrey Vernick
2018-19 Grades 6-8 Nominees:
*         Booked by Kwame Alexander
*         The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
*         My Seventh Grade Life in Tights by Brooks Benjamin
*         Nameless City by Faith Erin Hicks
*         The Seventh Wish by Kate Messner
*         Ghost by Jason Reynolds
*         Darkstalker by Tui T. Sutherland
*         Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk
2018-19 Grades 9-12 Nominees:
*         The Reader by Traci Chee
*         Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina
*         If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
*         Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
*         Scythe by Neal Shusterman
*         Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
*         The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
*         The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
For ORCA resources, check out our website<https://oregonreaderschoiceaward.wordpress.com/resources/>! The OLA PowerPoint includes a lot of ideas on how to use ORCA in your library, from displays to programs, activities to voting, and more!

Best,
MacKenzie

-----------------------------
MacKenzie Ross
ORCA Chair, 2018-2020
email: orca at olaweb.org

MacKenzie Ross
Youth Services Librarian
Beaverton City Library | 12375 SW 5th Street | Beaverton, OR  97005
Murray Scholls Branch | 11200 SW Murray Scholls Place | Beaverton, OR 97007
p: 503.526.2373 | f: 503.469.9577| www.BeavertonLibrary.org<http://www.beavertonlibrary.org/>
Work days: Sunday - Thursday
Pronouns: she, her, hers
[cid:image001.png at 01D10CB7.E557F3B0]

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE

This e-mail is a public record of the City of Beaverton and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.  This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.